Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Power of CREDIT CARDS... .. .

The Power of CREDIT CARDS... .. . Does the plastic cards really define your financial status? Regardless whether is it a classic card, gold card or even platinum card, does it really matter?


I have come a long way to understand all these... In my early twenties, feeling "Young & Dangerous", holding a managerial position, wearing designer labels, driving a Honda Civic, have a LV wallet full of "GOLD cards" (Gold cards are very desirable back then as it's a symbol of ur income status), i guess i begin to lost myself, lost my responsibilities towards money, etc... .. Then i started to spend more than i earn and i was going thru a rough patch (family, relationship & career downfall) as well back then and finally landed myself in a undesirable financial crisis due to credit card debts. By the time i realised the SHIT i have landed myself into, it's all too late... I can't reverse my spendings, i have become a CREDIT CARD SALVE... .. . Along the way some of my bros have jump onto the same boat as i'm in, welcome to the CCDC - Credit Card DEBTS Club... .. . (Hey bros, i am not talking about you intentionally as ya can see there's no name mentioned.)

The following years were tough, i sold my car, kept changing jobs, cut away all social activities (means no more clubbing, outing with frenz, etc) and almost isolated myself to avoiding spending money... .. . Fortunately i didn't give up, i hanged on there and continue to work hard and learn how to handle my debts efficiently without paying so much interests to the banks... .. .

I survived, today i'm DEBT FREE, happily married and have my own house (still building though). I'm glad that i did not borrow money from my family & frenz despite the financial crisis i went through, i managed to settle them myself... .. . If not today i would be left with no frenz and become a debtor to everyone that's close to me... .. .

The reason why i am inspired to write this post is because of an old fren... Last weekend i bum into J (names shall not be mentioned) a common fren of XXX that we used to hang out with. XXX is my really good fren or i should say my bro, however due to my issues our broship ended almost 2 yrs ago... OK back to the story, had a chat with J and XXX came into the topic and J told me that currently XXX is not doing very well as he's in lotsa DEBTS and apparently worse then before... Other then credit card debts, he also owe a lot of frenz money... .. . I was shocked to hear that as i thought he's doing quite well for the past 2 yrs as he actually quit his job and started out on his own biz and also chg new car, what's more shocking is that his GF which someone i know is also in some kinda debts... .. . Well, i really dunno what to say... .. .



Dear readers, if ya in some kinda credit card debts and ya need help badly ya might wanna consider getting help from Credit Counselling Singapore. I have not received any help from them before but i read about them and they seems to be able to solve such problems so ya might wanna try.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker